Thursday, June 9, 2011

Personal?!?!?!

First of all, this is not about Robert Downey Jr.

For me – blog has a big place in my life. I use it just to write like the other day, the post that was mentioned in Indra’s blog. I use it to spread information. But most of all, I use it to express myself. I know the expressing-yourself is becoming a cliché and no one actually needs to do that. I totally agree with that. Take in advertisements that are running on the TV. Every youth targeted even middle age targeted ones include a phrase “this is the perfect place to express yourself” or “express yourself freely” or something like that. I couldn’t remember more lines there. But that’s not the point. The point is the mass industry is turning this private and self-satisfying ways (in my case blogging) into something to make money or something. I am not going to say that it’s not fair or anything. But I can’t stop feeling some … how to say it … jealousy. Not that I am jealous of the industry. I just liked it when the personal space and personal expressions were … you know … PERSONAL. Personal things don’t need to be turned into media. The biggest example of it is the celebrities. Somehow, everyone wants to know what toothpaste does Lady Gaga use or where and when did Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart get married? I mean that is … overboard and pitiful.