Thursday, September 1, 2011

J.C. looks like Lenin to me at this moment

I might be eternally damned for writing this by some people, but I don’t care. This is my blog.

The situation of the movie of Avatar is still hot topic here, I suppose. I’ve just heard that someone speaking that James Cameron’s idea of Avatar has been stolen bit by bit over the time he waited for the technology to fulfill the story he had in his mind. For example, the ending score of The Island starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson, Surrogates starring Bruce Willis and so on… As if he did a genius job like Charles Darwin (at least, he had an original idea).

I have an argument here. The whole storyline was, in my opinion, J.C. was trying to recreate, probably, Pocahontas’s story, aiming to give the audience the pleasure of seeing a different species (not exactly) that inhabits a mystical planet of Pandora (the name isn’t original too). I am disagreeing the fact that he did a good, well great job, but J.C. didn’t invent a completely new idea, that has “allegedly” stolen by other film makers. In fact the other movies came out wayyyy before the Avatar did. Why can’t it be that the others had “similar” ideas as J.C.???

Come on, people! The whole James Cameron’s Avatar theme is just to have people excited (sometimes, too excited) to go and pay to watch the movie, possibly in cinemas. Please don’t be the victim of a big advertisement lines of not only movies, but also the whole media itself.