Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Leviathan, or The Matter, Forme and Power of Common Wealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil

Leviathan [front]Author: Thomas Hobbes
Title: Leviathan, or the Matter, Forme and Power of Common Wealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil

Goodreads page

My ratings: 5 stars out of 5.
My reading duration: Sep. 9th – Sep. 14th, 2011.

I had been appointed to do a presentation on Thomas Hobbes, and the funny thing is that I had to read this freaking over 700-page book in less than a week. But still I ended up really enjoying it; plus the presentation went well, I think…

The whole work consists of 4 books on different matters:

  • Book One: Of Men
  • Book Two: Of Commonwealth
  • Book Three: Of Christian Commonwealth
  • Book Four: Of the Kingdom of Darkness

All the books were really interestingly detailed , all the chapters are concentrated on a single matter, and anyone would be thrilled to illustrate on your Philosophy class or Politics class by Thomas Hobbes, who was living during the 30-year-war between 1618 and 1648, and he had a first hand experience.

Recommended for anyone over … well anyone who is or will be in college soon.

P.S. As usual, the audiobook link can be found in the Download section from my Mediafire account.