Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chrome for Android


Click on the picture for Play Store link.

Ever since I got a smartphone, I wished that I had my favourite browser on it, which is Google Chrome. I find it very fast, easy, minimal and just interactive. When I searched for it on the Android Market (it wasn't Play Store then, I guess) every once in a while hoping that Google made the app finally, the Chrome Beta came up. But it was only for those who has 4.0. Icecream Sandwich, which I didn't have. So I waited religiously for it to become available.

Couple of days ago, my phone updated to 4.0.3. and finally I get to try the app, even if it's still in Beta stage. And today (June 28th, 2012) I find out that the Chrome is finally and officially out with other Google apps updates on Android. I gotta say, I loooooove it! The signing in function is very useful to always be synced into the same browser on my laptop, at the office PC and my phone. The performance of the Android app is very good, matching the desktop version.

Totally recommended!!!

Description:

The speed and simplicity of Chrome, now on your Android phone and tablet. Search and browse fast with Chrome on your Android phone and tablet. Sign in to sync your personalized Chrome experience from your computer to bring it with you anywhere you go.
Search fast:
- Search and navigate fast, directly from the same box. Choose from results that appear as you type.
- Browse faster with accelerated page loading, scrolling and zooming.
Simple, intuitive experience:
- Open and quickly switch between an unlimited number of tabs. On your phone, flip through tabs the way you would fan a deck of cards. On your tablet, swipe from edge to edge to switch tabs.
Sign in
- Sing in to Chrome to sync your open tabs, bookmarks, passwords, and omnibox data from your computer to your phone or tablet. Pick up right where you left off.
- Send pages from Chrome on your computer to Chrome on your phone or tablet with one  click and read them on the go, even when you're offline. 
Privacy
- Browse privately in Incognito mode.