Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Resolutions

201301012028210199
Planner is essential in what you can get done.
Paperblanks' week-by-week,
Mini-size, day planner in French Ornate Fuchsia
.
Okay, everyone. It's time for the post with all the things you list whatever you want to or have to do and you promise yourself that you will, but you almost never end up achieving. I won't promise anything neither to anyone nor myself though accomplishing them would be nice.

1. Graduate successfully from college - preferably not writing a thesis or giving a general examination other that final exams of the courses I am taking (hurry up, SFS. Join the NUM system)

2. Figure out what I want to do with my life, at least for the next 2 years (what a goal)

3. Apply for grad school (overseas - United Kingdom, United States, Republic of France and Canada are more preferable)

4. Get a very cool job if the grad school thingy won't turn up as soon as I am expecting. But not THAT cool that I would feel heartbroken when I leave or unable to do so for my next step in career or basically life.

5. Read at least 40 books (there goes my Goodreads 2013 challenge) - preferrably more educational or far from what I read when I started (YA). More Haruki Murakami ...

6. Watch more movies - more artistic ones that I won't probably understand. More Wong Kar Wai ...

7. Write a book, probably a novella, nothing so thick (literally and figuratively) - Indra has agreed to cooperate.

8. Do better videos with better content. Better videos in terms of editing and shooting footage, and better content in terms of substance, preparation and guests, also events.

9. Register for a gym and stick to it. (exercise more even if I have to force myself, LOL) Yoga sounds nice ... Nah, I am too impulsive for yoga. My mom would love it though.

10. Just be a better person, probably in a more awkward way. (Probably not possible, it's a downfall since birth and the major doesn't help it.)

I thought it was better not to involve anyone else in this resolution, but I ended up with a very "self-centered" list. Well, you know what? I don't care. I wish you a good luck in completing your resolutions, unlike me (I hope not).

Happy New Year!
Anu