Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Infernal Devices | Read Log

I don't think I have did any review on Cassandra Clare's latest trilogy - The Infernal Devices yet, if I did, consider me too lazy to go back and check on it. Cassandra Clare's previous trilogy The Mortal Instruments consisting of City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass being one of the reasons I started reading modern fiction quite a lot back in high school. (oh, she actually extended trilogy to be 6-book one, the last one is about to come out ending the series)


The Infernal Devices trilogy consisting of Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess was set in the same world as her previous trilogy/series, but set in almost 2 centuries ahead in Victorian Era London. All three books were written in third-person perspective making it a little bit separated from the characters, but I am not complaining. I won't type anything that would give away anything, but the ending was probably the most suitable ending for romance seekers.

After reading quite a few Murakami novels, Cassandra Clare's young adult books aren't the same for I looooved The Mortal Instruments at first or I have just grown up. Which ever it is, I don't really recommend reading the whole trilogy unless you have read the previous series and willing to kill some time with pursuing the same author. Although it is described as a stand-alone trilogy, I don't think it gives full information that should be given to somebody who is not familiar with the Shadowhunter world. Otherwise, don't really go for it. It was an OK trilogy - earning 2 stars on Goodreads for me.