Sunday, July 20, 2014

LIP PRODUCT ADDICT TAG

IMG20140720164
Hello people of the internet,

I am doing a text version of a TAG that was created by essiebutton and amelialiana - Lip Product Addict TAG. Going on camera to film a video was a bit too much for me today. So, let's get started.

Question 1: Favourite balm/treatment
For an intense treatment : Carmex protecting lip balm : The sunscreen in this balm provides extra protection for your lips, probably the most ignored skin on our faces.
For milder use : Neutrogena intense repair lip balm (ironic use for the name, I know) : The formulation might feel tacky, but the effect works wonders.

Question 2: Best eye-catching red

MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red : First, I love red lips. I am obsessed with it, especially matte, red lips. This MAC embodies all that I want, including cheaper price. (obviously MAC is a high-end brand. Among the high-end brands, I find MAC to be cheaper)

Question 3: Best luxury & best drugstore

Best Luxury : Lancome Rouge in Love lipstick in Dans Ses Bras : I stole it from my mom, because it was a present for her and she doesn't wear anything except nudes on her lips. I was so ecstatic that I could get it from mom because I wanted one. Plus, Emma Watson and Michelle Phan advertises them.
Best Drugstore : Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Striking : Matte Balms are just bomb. Moisturizing. Pigmented. Easy to apply. Plus, this particular colour, Striking/Spectaculaire, is featured in Revlon's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" collection. Everyone just loves Emma Stone / Gwen Stacy.

Question 4: Best MAC lipstick

I really want to be able to answer this question. But I only have 2 MAC lipsticks and both of them are matte. So I don't think I am qualified to name the "Best MAC lipstick". Sorry.

Question 5: The most disappointing

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 113 : This collection gets so much hype and love from all the beauty people on the internet. I am sure it is amazing. But the formulation didn't suit me that well. It clings to the lines on my lips so much even when they are thoroughly moisturized. Plus, I bought a very light colour, which totally doesn't suit my skin colour.

Question 6: Liner - yes or no?

Yes, when I am wearing bold lip colour a.k.a red lips. It's better to have a line to prevent your hand worked, glamourous red lips to stay in place.
No, for natural look. Just, why bother???

Question 7: Best Gloss?

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Fire/Feu : I am more of a matte lips kinda gal. Not really into glosses. But this one is great. I can take this one on a very hot day to touch up my red lipstick to prevent it from melting. Putting this one on and blotting, putting another layer and blotting... do that for 3 times, and it makes an amazing matte lipstick.

Question 8: Something extra


Diorific by Dior True Colour lipstick in 013 Rouge Roulette / Rouge Bingo renamed 013 Ange Bleu : It was my former go-to-red before MAC's Russian Red, because MAC is cheaper. The matte finish of this lips and the shade makes my teeth look a lot whiter and the formulation is very long lasting with a lip liner. I use it over Dior Lip Pencil in Holiday Red.
Bourjous Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick in 07 Nude-ist : The packaging makes this product very easy to use. The formulation feels a bit tacky when you put on and the smell is a bit plastic-y. But after it dries, it is completely matte and you can barely feel in on your lips. No bad taste. Long lasting with a good colour pigmentation. Totally recommended. (my blog post only on this product)

I hope you have enjoyed my TAG post. You're tagged if you've read this post. Please post a blog post or make a video and leave a link to it in the comment box. I'd love to read/watch yours.

Love,
Anu